Support the Pioneer Valley USO - it's a win-win!
Cooper's is proud to support the Pioneer Valley USO as our July Round Up Charity! Besides our 50% match when you choose to round up your purchase at the register, we also have a super raffle display in the shop of 100% Made in the USA items! You can enter to win these items by bringing in donation items or by purchasing tickets here in the shop. All monies collected will go directly to our locally deployed troops and their families, right here in the Pioneer Valley!
We are accepting donations here at Cooper's through the end of July. We asked the Pioneer Valley USO what items they need most. So, they asked the troops, and here are the answers:
USO Care Package and Food Pantry Lists:
Our military spoke … and we listened! Here is a list of what they have requested-
NO ALCOHOL/DRUGS OF ANY TYPE
Care package items- small, individual sizes preferred
- Baby Powder and Foot Powder
- Socks (white)
- Lip balm, and Sun screen lotions, Bug Spray
- Coffee, individually wrapped
- Tabasco Sauce
- Beef jerky, peanuts individual packed
- Pringles, Hard candy
- DVD's: comedy and adventures.
- Video games:(WII, Xbox, PS2, Xbox360)
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes, razors
- Dental Floss and toothpicks
- Soap and shampoo
- Flip Flops Bathroom style
- Tissues and cloth hankies
- Wet wipes in individual packets.
- Board games and playing cards,
- Batteries all kinds
- Office supplies: Small paper pads, pencils, scotch tape and pens etc.
- Duct tape/Athletic tape/Electrical tape
- International Phone cards, (100/300 minutes)
- Items to stock USO logo camo bag. Items should include soap, shampoo, toothpaste, tooth brush, squeegee, cotton swabs, etc.
While a loved one is deployed, the USO will help to make sure the family is fed. Family member with a military ID is entitled to visit the USO Food Pantry A military ID and a means of getting to the USO Office located on Westover Air Reserve base is all that is required.
Donation items requested:
- Can goods: Corn, potatoes, green beans, beans, beef stew, Chili, spaghetti, fruits etc.
- Bottled or box juices: apple, 100% fruit juice, grape, orange, etc.
- Water bottles 12oz.-16oz.
- Pasta, rice, crackers
- Sauces: tomato, dice tomatoes, tomato paste, spaghetti (ex: Ragu)
- Salad dressing, Tabasco sauce, condiments, maple syrup
- Cookies, Cake mixes and frosting, brownies, muffins, pancake mix
- Tuna fish, corned beef hash, canned chicken
- Cereal: all types and brands including oatmeal
- Paper towels, toilet tissue and female hygiene products
Gift Shopping Cards: ie. Big Y, Stop and Shop, Walmart, etc.
Flight Snack Bags for military flights
Water Bottles or Boxed Juices: 12oz. or 8oz.
- Snacks: Chips, Doritos, Frito’s, Cheese Curls, Peanuts (individual size)
- Hard Candy
- Cookies, Granola bars, breakfast bars
- Pen and paper, light reading material, Playing cards
- Zip-lock bags 1gallon size
Care Packages Children of those deployed
Coloring Books and crayons, books, puzzles and games, jump ropes
- Stuffed Animals (warm and cuddly)
- Dolls, Super-hero figures
Care Packages K-9 Units
K9 Cooling Collars (Summer Months)
- K9 Warming Mats (Winter Months)
- K9 Boots, Medium and Large (all Year)
- K9 Doggles (all Year)
- K9 Nail clippers
- K9 Beds or Sleeping Mats and blankets
- K9 Toothpaste and toothbrush
- K9 Eye Drops and Ear Wash
- K9 Advantix, Flea and tic Treatment
- K9 Slaves for paws /noses
- Towels to wipe paws
- True chews Chicken Jerky, Beef Bully Stickes
- K9 Treats made in USA only
- Collapsible Nylon Dog Bowls
- Kong 3” rubber balls
- Large Rope Chews
With your help … the USO strengthens America’s military service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country throughout their service to our nation.